Tuesday 21 October 2008

SMASH BLADE HE-MAN aka PLAYER 2


For the last 3-4 months I’ve been seeing this stray figure, battered packaging and all on the toy section shelves in Poundstretcher. I’ve passed up buying this toy every time I visit. It is none-other than the less popular Smash Blade He-Man variant from the short-lived 2002 revival toyline.

So like a stray off the streets I picked this figure up and took it in. Despite the £5 sticker on the card I paid £2.99 instead. Bargain!

I already own the original 2002 He-Man (although I am not sure where I have him currently stored) and this Smash Blade toy is pretty much a repaint with a spinning shuriken/cat & ninetails replacing the Battle Axe. I actually think it’s pretty cool, in fact I prefer to call this figure Player 2 He-Man because of the blue colouring.

I am aware Smash Blade/Player 2 He-Man wasn’t popular amongst the active MOTU fanbase but somebody had to rescue this drifting homeless figure. Best part of 3 quid well spent!

Other pics (Click for full-view)


8 comments:

  1. Thanks for commenting dude. You own some of the 2002 MOTU line don't you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too. I feel like I missed out on some of the best figures ever when I passed up this line.

    ReplyDelete
  3. -->> related but side note ::

    .. looks like ' Masters' got the shaft again, WB has canned the new movie.

    But perhaps it will be shopped around to other film studios.

    Thus begins what they call development hell.

    >v<

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is Greyskull I presume? :) You never know mate. Another studio might pick up the script.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that variant of He-Man actually. The color scheme is so bad ass. I especially love the sword of power he came with.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it's badass too. I think there were probably worse He-Man variants from the new line than this repaint. For some reason Smash Blade seems to unpopular.

    ReplyDelete