Friday 15 February 2008

NEWS: Cloverfield Monster Finally Revealed

NEWS: hasbrotoyshop.com posts the Cloverfield Monster finally.
See It Here!

Since the movie came out in January, it has been available for pre-order at a lovely $99.99 with no pictures... But now the site finally gives you a glimpse of what this monster looks like. It is supposedly available at the end of September as well.

A friend of mine and I have been wondering if it was a hoax when the site listed it as available for pre-order for the movie. Who is willing to drop a hundred dollars on a monster toy that you haven't seen yet? Definitely must be a promotion for the movie. Alas, now we can see this monstrosity!

The site brags about it having:
  • 70 points of articulation and incredible life-like detail
  • Authentic sound
  • 14” tall
  • 10 parasites
  • Two interchangeable heads
  • Statue of Liberty head accessory
  • Special Cloverfield collector’s edition packaging
I have yet to see these special pieces it comes with. Or the packaging. Or even the movie. Now that I have seen this monster, I know I won't be caring about seeing the movie. It looks like an overpriced and messed up McFarlane toy. I just feel like I have saved $10 and don't have to see the movie now. Perhaps the next time I see this monster will be in a clearance sale.
-Slash

1 comment:

  1. This is why I encouraged friends to go out and see the Cloverfield movie as early as possible to avoid commercial sightings of the monster spoil the first time viewing of the film.

    I liked the movie. Not sure if I like it enough to get into an action figure about it.

    ReplyDelete